Monday 11 August 2014

Vive la difference!

How's your summer going? 

Last year I was lucky enough to do something life changing for my holiday (you can check out my post "back from out of the office" about trekking to Everest Base Camp) and a lot of people have asked me how do you follow that, where on Earth do you go next? Partly it was easy because once we got back to sea level,  after suffering the delights of altitude - the inability to eat, the daily checking of pulse and oxygen levels and the fretting if our levels got too low, the difficulty breathing - we all agreed no altitude for a couple of years. But how exactly do you follow something so amazing?

The answer was to do something totally different.  For our main holiday this year, we returned to France, place of one of our worst holidays (we didn't go far enough south and suffered horrendous weather for it) and one of our best, and a place we haven't been to for eight years. We stayed in Limousin, a very picturesque area with amazing rainfall and very strong sun. And, due to hubby's ankle injury, we actually weren't able to do very much at all. Two weeks of chilling (well, of course, I was editing!), enjoying the company of friends, remembering the simple pleasure of wandering into town to pick up fresh baguettes and pain au chocolat for breakfast.  We had so much time I was even able to read a book that I really enjoyed twice, once for pleasure and once as research.

Today marks the first day back into our normal routine and people have been commenting on how relaxed I am. I just need to re-read my last post here to make sure that lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment